Last week, a carbon monoxide leak in a South Anchorage home, killed a teenager and sickened seven family members. An exhaust pipe on a heating system boiler in the garage is thought to be the cause.
Firefighters were trying to determine Monday morning whether the home had working carbon monoxide detectors. They typically trigger an alarm when they detect 30 parts per million of CO in household air. Firefighters found 1,000 parts per million in the house. “We don’t commonly see 1,000.”
The Daily Mail says, “Only four per cent of parents can identify symptoms of deadly carbon monoxide poisoning (CO), experts warn.
Shocking new research has revealed a clear lack of knowledge among the UK population in regards to its tell-tale signs, which can kill in minutes.
Dizziness, headaches, and nausea are three of the most common symptoms, but one in six people wrongly think a metallic taste in the mouth is also a sign.
You can see smoke, and we are required to have smoke detectors. Carbon monoxide is a toxic gas, which is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and initially non-irritating. It is tough for people to detect, yet the effects are deadly.
My friend has a daughter that complained of headaches, dizziness, and nausea. After several days of these symptoms, she went to the hospital. The doctors there couldn’t find anything wrong, and some even thought she was faking the symptoms. One doctor diagnosed her with MS. It turns out a leaky furnace caused the symptoms in the house in the afternoon where she took a nap. That’s s when she was breathing the deadly fumes. If she had spent the night, she wouldn’t be here today. Dr. Jeffrey Cooper said carbon monoxide poisoning is difficult to diagnose.
Between 1999 and 2010, about 430 people annually died from carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Equipment like gas- or oil-fired furnaces and charcoal grills produce the colorless, odorless gas
When looking at the list of carbon monoxide detector laws in the United States, 30 states have enacted statutes regarding carbon monoxide detectors. Another 11 states have promoted regulations on CO detectors as of January 2016.
Arizona and Indiana are missing from the list of states with carbon monoxide detector laws.
They are inexpensive; only about $30.
You do if you live or spend time in a single family house, duplex, apartment, dormitory or group home that has a carbon based fuel appliance, an attached garage or carport or is adjacent to a parking space. The law requires the installation of a carbon monoxide alarm(s) to warn you and your family if carbon monoxide is present.
As investors, we are in business to make a modest profit on any deal, however, we can help homeowners out of just about any situation, no matter what! There are no fees, upfront costs, commissions, or anything else. Just the simple honest truth about your home and how we can help you sell it fast to resolve any situation.
Give us a call today at 260-202-2222 to let us know what YOU need help with!