Downsizing in Fort Wayne
Posted by Tonya Lassus // March 30, 2017 // Blog // Downsizing in Fort Wayne / JT Integrity Properties / real estate investor / sell Fort Wayne house fast
When the kids leave home, our thoughts turn to downsizing in Fort Wayne. It was brought home, even more, when a friend’s mother decided to sell the big house and downsize after her husband died. Live in a house for any length of time and it is amazing how much stuff we accumulate. This friend’s mother accumulated “stuff” over 35 years. When the house just became too big and maintenance overwhelmed, she was forced to make a decision. As Dr. Spock would say, “A smaller place is logical.”
It’s not just the elderly, but 80 million boomers will retire over the next eight and a half years. Many will want to move to warmer weather and smaller quarters. It can be painful to worry about all the collectibles, the furniture, and clothes in the smaller space.
WikiHow has 7 steps for downsizing in Fort Wayne
- Assess your needs – When downsizing in Fort Wayne, deciding what you really need requires a good long look at how you live your life daily and prioritizing the activities and items that are already a part of your actual lifestyle,-not those activities or items that you want to be part of your lifestyle, but haven’t gotten around to yet.
- Go through your home, every cabinet, shelf, and closet should be cleaned.
- Measure your furniture. – You will need to know how your furniture will (or won’t) fit into your new space – particularly large items such as your sofa and your bed – so measure everything.
- Assess your new storage areas. – Yes the house or apartment is gorgeous and the views are terrific, but assessing exactly how much of the new space is dedicated to storage will give you an idea of the volume of items you need to dispose of before moving in.
- Sell your stuff when You can’t take it all and someone will pay you money for what you don’t want.
- Move large items first. – Move your furniture into your new home first. You will have the most energy for this task at the beginning of the move and it will also give you a better indication of where the smaller things will go.
- Organize your space as you unpack. – Utilize closet and cupboard storage solutions as you unpack. This way, more can be stored in these tight spaces and you will be setting a precedent for how your new, smaller space will be used.
Downsizing in Fort Wayne may leave you with the small house feeling.
Try hiring an interior designer for ways to make your house look and feel bigger. We can point you to several we have used with great results
If you are downsizing in Fort Wayne, moving as part of a job change, and selling your house, call us. Once you have made the decision to sell, you may want to move quickly. We buy houses as-is for cash.
JT Integrity Properties is here to help homeowners out of any kind of distressed situation.
As investors, we are in business to make a modest profit on any deal, however, we can help homeowners out of just about any situation, no matter what! There are no fees, upfront costs, commissions, or anything else. Just the simple honest truth about your home and how we can help you sell it fast to resolve any situation.
Give us a call today at 260-202-2222 to let us know how we can help YOU!