Five Ft Wayne Downsizing Myths of Retirees
Have you not downsized for fear of the five Ft Wayne downsizing myths of retirees? There’s a movie coming out called Downsizing. Omaha Magazine, the film was filmed in Omaha, had this to say about the movie: “Alexander Payne’s new tragicomedy Downsizing imagines the fate of an overpopulated world hanging in the balance due to depleted natural resources. When scientists find a way to miniaturize humans, adventurous souls choose going small as an act of conservation or exploitation. Matt Damon plays Paul, an average Omaha man whose pioneering micro-me experiences range from surreal to sublime.”
The downsizing I’m thinking of is not the movie’s downsizing or the downsizing where management wants to shrink a company by laying off workers. No, I’m thinking of downsizing, where retirees want to shrink their living quarters to something smaller by selling their house. What holds many retirees back? It could be the myths we have about downsizing in Ft Wayne.
Five Ft Wayne Downsizing Myths of Retirees:
- Downsizing Your Home for Retirement is All About Saving Money. Wrong! You can save money with a smaller house. There is less to maintain for example. However, retirees find they have more time to spend on activities they had passed on when they were working. More time for gardening, taking up painting or a new hobby, more time with one’s spouse, more time for reading a good book, more time for just walking.
- Downsizing Means You’ll Be Cramped for Space. Wrong! The majority of retirees report that they don’t really need as much space as they used to. If you are like me, you hardly ever use the formal dining room or guest bedroom. I suspect, many of us even have a room just filled with stuff.
- Downsizing Means Giving Up Your Favorite Belongings. Again, wrong! “Thinking about downsizing often comes hand-in-hand with the idea of giving up treasured family heirlooms. But many retirees are surprised to discover a newfound sense of freedom after keeping their favorite belongings and selling or giving away the rest.” As hard as it is to believe, Millennials just don’t value family heirlooms or even furniture that lasts a long time.
More of the Five Ft Wayne Downsizing Myths of retirees:
- You Love Your House Too Much to Downsize. Wrong! About a third choose not to leave their home. The rest find a new freedom. They are free to move to the country away from the traffic and noise; others are free to live downtown where they can walk everywhere. Some, now, have the freedom to try another country.
- Downsizing Your Home Is a Major Hassle. Wrong, wrong, wrong! This may be the most common myth of all. What’s holding many retirees back from downsizing is the fear of all the time and trouble involved in selling a house. Try calling us. It is quick! You can sell your house fast in Ft Wayne normally in 30 days or less. That is much quicker than a traditional sale, which can take several months, and closing takes places after repairs. In most cases when an investor and a seller can agree on a price immediately, they can close as fast as one to two weeks.
JT Integrity Properties is here to help homeowners out of any distressed situation.
As investors, we are in business to make a modest profit on any deal. However, we can help homeowners out of just about any situation, no matter what! There are no fees, upfront costs, commissions, or anything else. Just the simple truth about your home and how we can help you sell it fast to resolve any situation.
Give us a call today at 260-202-2222 to let us know how we can help YOU.