Home staging is beyond decorating and cleaning. It’s about perfecting the art of creating moods. Staging makes your house look bigger, brighter, cleaner, warmer, more loving and, best of all, it makes home buyers want to buy it.
Contrary to what you might think, it’s about more than preparing the house for sale. Staging is what you do after you’ve cleaned, de-cluttered, painted, made minor repairs; it’s all about dressing the house for sale. It’s about adding the small details: the lipstick, mascara and, for simplicity, a stunning, single strand of Tahitian pearls.
If you are preparing to sell your house, besides finding a realtor, the next major task is preparing the house for sale. Experts agree that home staging gets a house sold faster and gets a higher price
Carolyn Muse Grant, writing in the Las Vegas Review-Journal says there are two major uses for home staging:
- Before any home is put on the market, staging is essential. While most of us love our homes and all of our stuff, chances are we have too much stuff, and, let’s face it, it’s our home and we live in it the way we want to. Well, people looking to buy that house may not want to live in it like you do, and they need the house to look like it would be one they could live in comfortably.
- An empty house may be a problem for an agent and seller. When potential homebuyers see an empty house, they are sometimes at a loss as to what they would do with it. What kind of furniture? What would I do with this room? Would this work? A million questions. So I work with the agent to give potential buyers an idea of what the house would look like. I have furniture and accessories available to use for that purpose.
9 things a home stager will do or recommend:
- Emphasize Curb Appeal. The lawn should be mowed and edged, dead stuff taken away or raked, plants trimmed. Siding and windows washed.
- Freshly paint the front door. This is the welcome mat to your home. Make sure the doorbell and porch light work.
- Declutter every room. You want potential; home buyers to imagine their belongings, pictures, art, books in “their” new home.” Get them to thinking it’s their house from the time they walk in the door.
- Make sure the house is clean. Nothing will turn off the buyer more than filth. If they feel unclean walking through your house, you’ve failed to make a sale.
- Clean out the closets, the medicine cabinet, and the tops of dressers.
- Paint! Take down the pictures from the walls, spackle the nail holes, and paint. Stick to neutral colors.
- Decorate tables with flowers. If you have room for al fresco dining, set the table with napkins. Let them picture themselves dining outside, enjoying the conversation over candlelight.
- Make the rooms look bigger. Removing furniture makes the rooms look bigger.
- Add furniture to emphasize the purpose of the room
Staging a home for a realtor means selling a house faster means happy customers, more referrals, repeat business, and of course more commissions.
If you want to short circuit all of the appetizers and just get to the meat, give us a call we buy houses for cash and can close in less than 40 days.
We are JT Integrity Properties and we are here to help homeowners out of any kind of distressed situation. As investors, we are in business to make a modest profit on any deal, however we can help homeowners out of just about any situation, no matter what! There are no fees, upfront costs, commissions, or anything else. Just the simple honest truth about your home and how we can help you sell it fast to resolve any situation.
Give us a call today at 260-202-2222 to let us know what YOU need help with!