Pros and Cons of Using Open Houses in Ft Wayne
Posted by Tonya Lassus // October 12, 2017 // Blog // JT Integrity Properties / Pros and Cons of Using Open Houses in Ft Wayne / real estate investor / sell house quickly Ft Wayne
Listen, you might think using open houses in Ft Wayne to sell a house is as easy as scooping fish with a net. However, many real estate brokers suggest we have moved on from using open houses to sell a property. In this age of technology, we know that 90% of potential home buyers look on the internet first to see what is available, at what prices, and to see the professional photographs of houses for sale. Some real estate agents swear by open houses and others say they are a waste of time. Here are the pros and cons of using open houses in Ft Wayne.
Pros and Cons of using open houses in Ft Wayne
- The possibility of a home buyer who does not know how to start the home buying process attending.
- Open houses can give additional exposure to a seller’s home. Whether street signs, newspaper ads, or internet ads that are promoting the open house, having an open house can lead to additional exposure.
- Open houses normally give buyers the option to view a home without the pressure of a Realtor or seller. Some buyer’s like to analyze a home in detail without having a time constraint or pressure.
- Many potential buyers who visit open houses have yet to establish a relationship with a Realtor. This gives the hosting Realtor the opportunity to convert this buyer into one of their buyer’s.
Pro and Cons of Using Open Houses in Ft Wayne
- A home buyer who may see a sign on the corner of a street when driving may potentially stop and get more information from the hosting Realtor on the home buying process. That may help a realtor getting leads but doesn’t help you to sell your house
- Many potential buyers who visit open houses have yet to establish a relationship with a Realtor. This gives the hosting Realtor the opportunity to convert this buyer into one of their buyer’s. Again, does that help the seller?
- The percentage of homes that sell as a result of an open house is less than 2-3%. The real work begins with a realtor and client at a private appointment.
- Fishing with a net? No, open houses in Ft Wayne attracts nosy neighbors and lookie-loos. A “lookie-loo” is a person who stops at open houses with absolutely no intention of buying.
- Open houses allow criminals the opportunity to explore a home with little to no supervision and can give them the opportunity to plan out their crime.
You should concentrate on an agent who
- Uses a professional photographer
- Has a strong online presence including the ability of their website to rank highly in competitive search terms on the major search engines, such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo!
- Understands the importance of search engine optimization.
- Has a strong social media presence on many social media websites, such as Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and many others.
- Demonstrates the drive to go above and beyond to develop videos, feature sheets, property information packets, and other marketing materials. For example, having an open house just for realtors. That is leveraging.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills and the ability to provide top-notch service.
If you are in a rush to sell your house, why not call us, we offer you cash for your house as-is, and we close in less than 30 days.
JT Integrity Properties is here to help homeowners out of any distressed situation.
As investors, we are in business to make a modest profit on any deal. However, we can help homeowners out of just about any situation, no matter what! There are no fees, upfront costs, commissions, or anything else. Just the simple truth about your home and how we can help you sell it fast to resolve any situation.
Give us a call today at 260-202-2222 to let us know how we can help YOU.